Tab Scope is a nice little extension that enables real-time tab previews in Firefox. This extension is brought to us by the same developer Gomita that brought us the excellent Scrapbook extension. There are similar extensions available like Tab Preview. However there are a number of nice features that separates it from other extensions of this kind, for example:
- Real-time tab previews of different tabs from a tab
- All the links in the webpage are click-able as normal!
- User can use the provided Forward, Backward, Refresh and Stop buttons for the complete navigation in a preview
- Previewed pages can be scrolled with the mouse wheel
- Two different preview sizes (sizes can be customized) are available for the previewed tabs and can easily be switched from the preview
First four features when combined allows the complete web-surfing from the tab preview without the need to actually switch to that tab! This is very impressive I think and this facility is not provided with such ease by any other Firefox extension. There is a good screen-cast demonstration of Tab Scope in action provided by author here to get a quick glimpse of what it can do for you.
It is compatible with Firefox 1.50 to the latest Firefox 3.0 beta but please note that it do not work correctly with the Mac OS X. You can get the latest version from the official Firefox Add-ons website.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.