If for some reason you happened to have a broken partition table on some hard disk, or have a partition that is deleted accidently and now you cannot access the data that was stored on that partition then a great system software that can allow to recover this deleted partition can be a god send. Actually, I was in a similar panic situation some time ago when I accidently deleted one of the partition on a hard disk in my Toshiba laptop. After I realized this I panicked a bit because there was some really valuable data that was stored on that specific partition. I immediately started to look for a good system utility that allows me to recover the deleted partition. After a lot of research on the Internet – to my great surprise despite the fact that there are many system utilities available that claim to fix this issue none of them were able to help in my case! After spending a lot of time in the end I do found a real GEM!
I am talking about a great free software called Partition Wizard Home Edition free version for Windows. There is a paid version also available but not that much different from the free version. I tried this one to recover my deleted partition after many failed attempts with other software. To my pleasant surprise it did work and recovered the deleted partition in a matter of minutes! This software can also help if you have broken MBR (Master Boot Record) on your hard drive and cannot boot the system.
Well, even if you are not in situation that I was in, it can still be very useful for performing the other hard disk maintenance operations such as creating, moving partitions, resizing, deleting, formatting partitions and some other diagnosing operations such as Hard disk surface test to detect errors. In many ways this software greatly resembles (even exceeds) extremely well known system software Partition Magic for Windows which has not been updated now like in many years.
A very useful feature for many users might be to create a boot disk that allows to boot directly from a CD if for some reason you cannot boot in to Windows.
A complete feature list is as follows:
- Support Windows 2000/XP/Vista/windows 7 (32 bit & 64 bit) operating system.
- Support RAID.
- Extend system partition to maximize computer performance.
- Manage the hard disk for substantial performance increase.
- Create, Delete and Format partitions with simple steps.
- Disk Copy to protect or transfer data.
- Support disk and partition size larger than 2 TB.
- Convert partition format from FAT to NTFS.
- Partition Copy: Copy the entire content of one hard disk to another.
- Copy Disk Wizard: Copy the entire hard disk to another without having to reinstall Windows.
- Disk Map – Visually demonstrate your disk/partition configuration; preview the changes before applying.
- Hide/unhide partition, set active partition, etc. – Change partition properties easily.
- Explore FAT/NTFS partition.
- Set partition as primary.
- Set partition as logical.
- Rebuild MBR.
- Disk Surface Test.
- Partition Surface Test.
- Change Partition Serial Number.
- Change Partition Type ID.
- Hot Extend Partition without reboot. NEW!
I highly recommend this software! Software is available in both 32 and 64 bit versions and is compatible with all the major versions of Windows (Windows XP, Vista and 7). Partition Wizard Home Edition can be download from the developer website.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.