IPhone camera with the latest IPhone 4 is more than capable of taking decent high resolution pictures. Even IPhone 3GS camera wasn’t that bad considering the time that has passed since it’s release. IPhone Camera application in the IOS hasn’t changed that much even in IOS 4.x. As always Apple seems to be focusing on making the interface clean and to the point for the casual users. Which is a good thing for most users. However, there are some people out there for which this might be a downside considering that this simplicity of the camera application comes at the cost of a cut down of many features that many would consider essential to take good pictures. Fortunately, this is not a big problem – thanks to the massive online library of IPhone applications. There are some powerful camera applications available that can significantly enhance the power of IPhone camera with some really useful features. Only problem is most of them are not for free. This is where Gorillacam enters the scene!
This fantastic camera application is available for free in the App store. It contains almost all the features that you might expect from its expensive rivals. Some of the most useful features include grid overlay in the view finder, anti-shake to take blur free photos, time-lapse photo capturing, self timer, burst mode and even a bubble level to get the alignment right when taking photos!
I think it is really a great application and you can’t really get any better than this while still staying free. More detailed feature set of the application is as follows:
- DIGITAL ZOOM – frame your shot exactly how you want it. Zoom in up to 4X to get the details. Customize the zoom bar for personalized placement and easy access.
- ANTI-SHAKE – takes pictures when your phone is steady, helping you get blur-free photos.
- TAP TO FOCUS on 3GS – allows you to focus on a particular item in the frame. Tap To Focus does not currently work on IOS 4.0
- SELECTABLE IMAGE SIZE – take bigger pictures for maximum detail and smaller pictures for greater speed.
- SELF-TIMER – set a custom delay for timed photos. Perfect for group shots or self-portraits. Includes audible countdown notification.
- TIME-LAPSE – take multiple photos spaced at your preferred interval. Snap photos as fast as 1 second apart, or up to 2 minutes apart.
- CONTINUOUS RAPID-FIRE – take unlimited photos, up to 1.6 frames per second. (That’s fast!) Just press and hold the shutter to take as many photos as you want at super high speed.
- AUTO-SAVE – keep shooting while your photos auto-save in the background. No more waiting to save before you can shoot again. Snap away, uninterrupted.
- PRESS ANYWHERE – turn the whole screen into one big shutter button. Press anywhere to take a photo. Photograph yourself with ease!
- 3-SHOT BURST – take three quick photographs in rapid succession. Never miss the perfect shot. No more photos ruined when someone blinks!
- GRID OVERLAY – take your photography to the next level. Create more interesting photographs using the rule of thirds in your composition. Also great for lining up horizons or buildings.
- BUBBLE LEVEL – take steady, level shots every time. Works in both vertical and horizontal orientation. Ideal for shots of horizons, landscapes and more. Easy to calibrate and easy to use.
- TIPS – helpful tips on how to take better shots with your iPhone.
Gorillacam can be downloaded from the Apple App store for free.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.