Most of us come across this situation very frequently where we need to create a pdf from an existing document in windows. It can be a Microsoft Word doc file, an image or a web page in your browser. There is a very easy and straightforward to convert files of any extension or format into a pdf, as long as the program has a print button. Here we will do a step by step tutorial as to how to do that. And the software we will be using is available for a free download and is called Bull zip pdf printer. Well, anyways here we go with the tutorial:
1. Go to http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php and download the latest version of this software.
2. Install it using the default settings. It may ask you for additional download of ghostscript. Don’t worry, go ahead and allow it to be downloaded.
3. When the installation is finished, open up the file you want to convert. Lets say you want to create pdf from a .doc file. Open the file in Microsoft Word, and click on the “Print” button. Choose the Bullzip printer as shown in the picture below.
4. After you click print, it will show you some more options. Here you can choose the name and location where it will save the pdf file.
You can also adjust more options in the other tabs if you wish to. You can add a password to the file, add watermark, compress the file to decrease its size and so on.
5. Your new pdf file is ready for use! Now you can use these files however you like. They can be locked, watermarked, printed and distributed more easily.
Often times, I use this software to print web images or secure pages since they are not saved accurately by most browsers. The good thing about this method is that it is independent of the program, original file format and is completely free ! Hope you liked this tutorial and found it helpful.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.