As by now you might already know that Chronic DevTeam has released the updated Greenpois0n jailbreaking tool that allows to do untethered jailbreak for the iPhone on iOS 4.2.1. However one problem that some iPhone users may notice is that it requires to restore to the stock iOS 4.2.1 firmware before the new tool Greenpoins0n can do it’s magic. However, in the process when users restore the stock firmware their baseband version on the iPhone 4 will also be upgraded essentially loosing the ability to unlock it! To resolve this TinyUmbrella can help.
So, here are the instructions using the TinyUmbrella how to preserve the baseband of the iPhone 4 for the unlocking purposes.
1. So first you need to download the iOS 4.2.1 firmware.
2. Also, download the TinyUmbrella software and install it.
3. Start the TTS server and confirm it’s running by checking the log.
4. Now launch iTunes.
5. Plugin your iPhone.
6. Restore to iOS 4.2.1 firmware.
7. You will get an error (Error 1013) which is perfectly normal.
8. Put your phone in to DFU mode.
9. Finally use the Greenpois0n to jailbreak the phone!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.