Some good news for users of Google’s Blogger service – An official app for the android platform has just been released. Now you can view your blogs and directly publish from the comfort of your smartphone. So far, there has been a lack of mobile apps for Blogger, the main one being a third party app known as Blogger Droid. This is in contrast to the more widely used WordPress which has plenty of apps readily available. Nevertheless, Google has taken its sweet time to perfect the app and included a whole host of features in this release.
It is interesting to note that so far the app is available only on Android platform (no surprises here!) It is also the first release and may have some bugs in it, so if you don’t like it, Blogger-Droid is still available.
Here is a detailed list of features as mentioned on the official blog:
- Multiple accounts and blogs: You can easily switch between different accounts and blogs that you have author rights to. Simply choose your account and blog and you are all set to go.
- Write and save/publish: You can write a post, assign labels, and then either save it as a draft or immediately publish it. Saving as draft is handy if you need to wait until you have Internet connectivity.
- Photos from camera and gallery: If you see something interesting, you can take a photo directly from the app and include it in the blog post. You can also browse your gallery to include the ones you like.
- Sharing to Blogger from gallery or browser: Blogger is one of the available sharing options. If you come across a photo in the gallery, or a website while browsing, you can share the content to the Blogger app directly from the sharing menu.
- Share location: You can share your location by activating the location bar and selecting the correct location. This information will be included in your post.
- View saved/published posts: By switching to the List View, you can view all your drafts and published posts that you wrote using the app. By performing a long-press on a published post you can invoke a menu that includes the option to view your post in a browser.
QR Code for the download link:
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.