Google Translate application is finally available in the Apple App store with the support for the translation of words and phrases between more than 50 languages. For many languages it is also possible to speak the phrases and hear the translation! An other interesting feature is that it maintains a translation history that can also be accessed offline.
A complete list of the supported features is as follows:
- Translate text between 57 languages
- Translate by speaking the text instead of typing it (15 languages)
- Listen to your translations spoken aloud (23 languages)
- Display translations in full screen mode to make it easier for others nearby to read
- Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
- Access your translation history even when you’re offline
- Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc..) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
- View additional dictionary results for single words or short phrases
You can get the Google Translate application for the iOS devices from the iTunes store for free.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.