iMovie Apple’s now well-known video editor has been out for quite some time now offering many useful video editing features on the iPhone in the comfort of your own hand. However, it does cost 5 dollars to buy and even then you can only install it on 4th generation devices released by Apple (iPhone 4, iPod-Touch 4th gen). But amazingly it appears we does have a great competitor to the iMovie in the form of Splice which is already available for many months now, but starting from the version 2.0 some great new features are introduced including HD support for the produced movies. Best of all this is available for free in the iTunes store and can be installed on iOS based devices with version 4.2 and higher (including iPhone 3GS), NOT just iPhone 4. If you are willing to pay a little an ad-free version is also available but will set you back 2 dollars. Although, it is still much lower than what iMovie costs with almost the same feature set.
A list of the features of splice is as follows:
• Simple, easy-to-use ‘drop-and-drag’ features for assembling video clips and photos
• Splice Store with hundreds of sound effects, music tracks and borders that can be purchased to enhance your videos
• Time-saving multi photo/video picker for adding new content to the timeline
• Control and mix for multiple tracks of audio
• Intuitive and easy to use time line
• Precise synchronization of music tracks, sound effects and a narration track
• Output in HD quality (only on HD devices)
• Ability to add music from iTunes or other music sources
• Preloaded with music and sound effects
• Ability to add visual effects (such as slow motion and fast forward)
• Ability to transitions
• Ability to apply Ken Burns effects to photos and videos
• Ability to title slides with custom text positioning and resizing
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.