There have been some guides floating around the net that allowed to enable FaceTime on the iPad. However, these instructions for the most part were not for the mere mortals! Now there is a much faster, simpler and cleaner way of enabling FaceTime on iPad available using iFacePad. Note that these instructions are only valid for a Mac!
Here are the instruction for enabling FaceTime on the iPad:
1. Download iFacePad
2. Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPod Touch 4
3. Download PhoneDisk
4. Jailbreak your iPad incase you have not done it already!
4. Load Cydia and install OpenSSH and AFC2 ( greenpois0n adds AFC2 by default)
5. Run PhoneDisk make sure to enable root and connect to root
6. Run iFacePad.app
7. Reboot iPad
8. You are done!
***If FaceTime doesn’t work after reboot, make sure permissions are set correctly for the mobilePhone.app and in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IMcore.framework/IMAgent.app is set 755.
Finally, don’t forget that iPad don’t have camera so other will not be able to see you!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.