Firewall iP is a security application – basically a firewall for jailbroken iPhone and iPod Touch that is one of it’s kind! Actually, it allows you to have more control on the Internet traffic that goes through your iPhone to protect your privacy. It will allows to block outgoing connections on a per application basis and since it hooks directly in to the application it will allows you to grant or deny connection to specific host to which an applications wants to connect. You can decide if the application will be able to send data or not. Developers will no longer be able to collect stats and data about you (UDID, phone number, usage statistics). It can also block ads to conserve network bandwidth and speedup browsing on slow connections.
Here is a more detailed list of the features:
- Block outgoing TCP & UDP connections selectively
- port specific blocking
- Shows you the hostname for the connection & can provide you with WhoIs information
- Can block connections of apps when you are on a cellular network (save data!)
- Block analytic providers / data collectors which PrivaCy can’t
- Block unneeded content (ads)
- Easy to use interface & control app
and many more…
It should work with all iPhones, iPods and iPads running firmware 3.0 to 4.2.x. You can get it here for your supported jailbroken iOS device.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.