Many many years ago Opera was one of the first browser to appear at the time in the market which not only supported tab based management in the browser, but also provided refined control on all of this functionality. Now fast forward to this day and tabs based functionality is taken for granted in any modern browser. A web browser can’t even imagine to survive without a functional tab management system. Classic Opera is Firefox extension that brings many of classical Opera features particularly related to the tabs in Firefox. If you are one of those old guys that miss many of tab related features that were present in the older versions of the Opera then this extension is perfect for you!
A list of the tweaks introduced by this extension is as follows:
- adds the ability to close *ALL* tabs without closing Firefox (close the last tab = have an empty tab bar)
- click on the current tab selects the previously selected tab
- shift-click on a tab closes it
- closing a tab will get you to the previously selected tab
- address bar searching with letters that refer to the search engine (use "g <text>" to search for <text> on Google)
- move the address bar underneath the tab bar
- move the bookmarks toolbar above the tab bar
- add "close all tabs" to tab context menu
- keyboard shortcuts: ‘z’ = back; ‘x’ = forward
- add "open link in background tab" to open link context menu
- reduce the size of the tabs in the tab bar
- shift-click opens link in new focused tab
- shift-ctrl-click open links in background tab
Classic Opera extension for the Firefox can be downloaded here (Only compatible with Firefox 4.0).
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.