The Camera integrated with the Apple’s latest iPhone 4 is really pretty good to take routine snapshots and even capture some quick HD videos. It allows to eliminate the need of a dedicated point & shoot camera for you day-to-day photography needs. Even the included camera application with the iOS is pretty nice, although a bit simple. But if you are missing a feature (balancing/leveling, burst mode, timer-based shots, grid view etc.) you can always resort to a third-party camera application . Only real inconvenience occurs when you need to transfer these photos and videos to a desktop computer at the end of the day. You connect a cable first and then sync these files. If you have $1.99 bucks spare then a nice application available in the Apple App Store can save you a lot of headache by allowing to wirelessly transfer the images and videos to/from your iPhone to computer.
This application is called PhotoSync and it will transform your photo handling experience forever!You will never want to use a cable again! Some key features are as follows:
Just select, choose target and you’re done. No need to be in front of your computer or entering IP-Addresses! Sending will continue in the background – even if you receive phone calls or are playing your favorite games.
One or thousands of photos/videos from your last trip – you can transfer them all at once.
PhotoSync keeps track of your actions and notes which photos/videos have already been transferred from your camera roll. Transfer new photos/videos with just one touch!
Direct exchange between iPhone and iPad
Buy once and use PhotoSync on all your iPhones, iPod touches and iPads. PhotoSync is optimized for direct transfer between your devices over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth – no computer needed!
Access by Web-Browser
Wi-Fi access to your photos/videos wherever you are – from any computer on the same Wi-Fi network by just opening a web-browser! View your photos on a big screen, download selected photos/videos or upload photos/videos to your device. A great feature when at friends!
Direct import into Aperture & iPhoto / Sending by drag & drop (Mac)
Download the free PhotoSync companion software for your Mac. Drag photos/videos onto the PhotoSync icon and they are transferred instantly to your device within seconds – no need for iTunes!
Share on the go
Show your photos to friends, family and the world. PhotoSync supports direct upload to Flickr.
Click on the "eye-icon" and view all your photos/videos directly within the app – no need to quit it!
Some Technical details:
- iOS 4.2 and higher supported
- Supported transfer directions: Device to Computer (Wi-Fi), Computer to Device (Wi-Fi), Device to Device (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)
- All Exif data is preserved for photos/videos in Camera Roll
- Full support for RAW images and photos/videos imported with iPad Camera Connector
- Requirements for FREE Mac-Companion: Mac OS X 10.5 or higher (Intel and PPC supported)
- Requirements for FREE Windows-Companion: Windows XP SP 2 or higher, Windows Vista or higher, Windows 7
- Transfer rate up to 2,5MB/sec (depending on device and network)
- Flickr-Upload requires a (free) Flickr-Account
You can get it from Apple App Store here. So, no jailbreaking required in this case!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.