We have written a couple of guides on how to install Android 3.0 Honeycomb or Android 2.3 Froyo on your Nook color. As well as on how to root the Nook Color with the Android 3.0 Honeycomb installed. If you have rooted Nook then we have nice utility which allows to mount almost any Nook partition on your PC.
For example you can mount:
- Media (internal drive for your media and documents…)
- SD Partitions (up to 4)
- Internal storage – BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS!
There are two "mount points" on the nook (lun0 and lun1), So you can simultaneously mount two partitions. As an example, you can mount SD on 1st and MEDIA on the 2nd. Each mount point has it’s own tab.
You can download the Nook Color USB mass storage utility from here.
This has been tested on HoneyComb and Froyo (not in Eclair 1.0>1.1) by the developer. In Froyo: USB Mass Storage (Notification bar) should be turned off. Compatibility mode will need to be disabled in Spare parts (reboot required).
If this doesn’t work for you, try entering manually in ADB while NC plugged in to your PC:
adb shell echo /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file
Thanks to the samuelhalff from XDA Developers forum.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.