As we reported yesterday a new version of the Sn0wbreeze b3 is released which includes a couple of fixes and new features. However, after that another b4 is released that includes one of the exciting new features for the unlockers! That is the support for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 unlock for the models which are on the old baseband while ruing the latest iOS 4.3 FW. This guide explains the complete process on how to achieve the process on the supported basebands for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
Before we proceed any further please make sure you understand the following points:
- Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4 can only use Ultrasn0w to unlock the following basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00)
- This version of the Ultrasn0w will not work with these basebands! (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04)
- If you upgrade your iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
- Sn0wbreeze for now is only a tethered iOS 4.3 jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Now we move to the actual process:
Step 1: First download iOS 4.3 FW for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and download Sn0wbreeze 2.3b4.
- iOS 4.3 download (iPad)
- iOS 4.3 download (iPhone 4)
- iOS 4.3 download(iPhone 3GS)
- iOS 4.3 download (iPod touch 4th generation)
- iOS 4.3 download (iPod touch 3rd generation)
Step 3: Now you are jailbroken on iOS 4.3 you need to unlock the phone using the Ultrasn0w.
- Load Cydia on your iPhone.
- Push the Manage tab at the bottom.
- Now push on the Sources.
Step 4: Now tap on the Edit and then tap on Add. Now you will get a prompt to enter a URL source (see the screenshot below). Type the http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tap on Add Source to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Step 5: Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps. When the installation is complete search for “ultrasn0w 1.2” in Cydia, and install it. It will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier without any further action.
Step 6: Finally restart you iPhone and you should now have a completely unlocked iPhone 4 or 3GS, running iOS 4.3!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.