Since the primary use case for the Nook Color is to use as the EBook reader for this reason there are number of advanced Android settings that are disabled on your Nook.
Fortunately, many of these hidden settings can be enabled via the use of an application called NookColor Tools. This application for now is pretty basic for now but does gives quite a few enabled hidden settings.
Here is what it will get for you:
- Development > Auto Mount – turn off USB auto mount
- Development > Manage Applications – uninstall apps, clear defaults
- Battery Use
- SD Card and Phone Storage – shows available space in internal storage
- Testing > Battery Info – status, voltage, temp, etc.
- Testing > Battery History
- Testing > Usage statistics
Before proceeding any further don’t forget that you will need a fully rooted Nook Color and ADB installed. You can follow our guide to root the Nook color. Follow this guide to install the ADB in case you don’t have it already.
Now for enabling this hidden settings just connect your Nook Color to PC using USB. Now open up a Command Prompt window and change directory to the location where NookColor Tools APK file is downloaded.
Finally enter these commands:
adb -d shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system adb push NookColorTools_0.2.apk /system/app adb reboot
Now the application is installed on your Nook Color with the extra hidden settings enabled.
You can download the NookColor Tools from here.
Don’t forget to try our other related Nook color guides for example, running Android Honeycomb 3.0 on your Nook Color. For how to make bootable SD card for Nook Color running Honeycomb guide click here. If you are planning to root your Nook color device all versions please click here. Follow this to watch videos in high quality on your Nook color and follow this guide to dramatically improve the battery life of your Nook color!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.