Earlier we have written a guide on how to unlock the Bootloader on the Motorola Xoom which is not very difficult after all. Now moving further on this track we will introduce the method to root the device so that you can install all the applications that require the root access.
So here is the guide!
- You need the Fastboot binary on your path (which is part of the Android SDK that you can get here). You also need to have functioning ADB on your computer.
- On your tablet you should have an unlocked Bootloader. In case it is locked then follow our guide to unlock it first!
- Download the root files and extract them on your PC.
Step 1: Connect your device Wi-Fi or make a Internet data connection but not don’t setup Google account just yet!
Step 2: Now enable the USB debug mode from Settings > Applications > Development.
Step 3: Now initiate a command prompt window and navigate to the folder where you extracted root file contents.
Step 4: Now enter the following command to reboot your phone into Bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5: Flash the new boot image (included in the rooting files) using this command:
fastboot flash boot rootboot.img
Step 6: Now reboot your device using:
Step 7: After device rebooted enter the following commands:
adb push su /system/bin
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
Step 8: To verify the root use the following command:
If you observe a # prompt now it means that you have now root access!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.