Motorola Xoom is one of the most impressive Android based tablet to hit the market. Xoom comes pre-installed with the Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS from Google that is made specifically for the tablets. Earlier there was a lot of speculation that if the flagship Motorola tablet will ship with the locked or unlocked Bootloader. Now it is of course clear that it comes with a locked Bootloader that is very easy for the users to unlock! Here is a simple guide to unlock the Bootloader on the Motorola Xoom so that you can root the device i.e. install recovery and flash custom ROMs.
- First of all download the Motorola USB drivers from this location and install them.
- Also you need the Fastboot binary on your path (which is part of the Android SDK that you can get here).
Step 1: Make sure that device is powered off.
Step 2: Now boot the device into fastboot mode by keeping ‘Volume-Down’ pressed and pressing the Power button.
Step 3: Now attach your tablet to the computer via USB.
Step 4: Initiate a terminal window or command prompt on your computer and then enter the following command:.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 5: Now you just need to follow the on-screen instructions on your tablet: confirm using the volume keys to highlight and the power key to select. Now the device will reboot once it’s done with the unlocked Bootloader after it boots back to the Android!
Now continue to our next guide on how to root the Motorola Xoom tablet with unlocked Bootloader!
From here don’t forget to follow our guide to install custom recovery and flash customs ROMs on it!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.