While the primary purpose of any mobile phone is to receive calls obviously (in addition to initiating a call to some other phone number). But there are cases where you might not want to receive calls from some specific (undesired) person. It may also happen that you are receiving annoying calls from people that you don’t want to attend. In these scenarios, it is of course highly desirable to have the functionality to block calls from that specific person (or a group of uninteresting annoying people). If you are using iPhone and have it jailbroken then you can do it easily by installing the iBlacklist application that allows to block calls from list of numbers that you feed to this application. It can also block SMS messages from these numbers if desired. In addition to this basic functionality application supports many advanced features that set it apart. For example you can protect your privacy by using a password, a history for blocked filtered events, fully configurable notifications, send automated SMS to blocked callers, block caller on some specific times, add contacts to the lists from Address Book, Recent Calls or Recent SMS history. Concept for both black and white lists.
Here is the list of features as provided by the developers:
- Easiest way to operate and set up. Very intuitive.
- Individual call disconnection setup for each contact;
- Call Blocking facility (Including Unknown/Restricted ID callers)
- SMS blocking/filtering facility
- Protects your privacy by Password;
- Multiple Active Lists;
- Unlimited number of contacts per list;
- Individual Scheduler for each list;
- Works with black and white lists concept;
- Use of statusbar icons, sound/vibration notifications fully configurable;
- Parental Control with silent record storage.
- Auto Reply SMS for CALLS feature, where the system will send your custom sms text to blocked callers;
- Popup removal from lock screen for lost events (Privacy), keeping the sound/vibration notifications;
- Four (4) types of action for calls, which varies from send the caller to voicemail to completely ignore.
- Auto Reply SMS for SMS feature, where the system will send your custom sms text to filtered messages.
- You can add contacts to any list from your Address Book, Recent Calls or Recent SMS history;
- Independent history, where blocked/filtered events will be stored for later visualization. Please note your setup needs to be correct in order to store records on this history;
- For Blacklists, you can individually set many options like call disconnection type, the event type you want to block/filter from that contact and if that contact is eligible to receive an auto reply sms;
iBlacklist is available from Cydia store for a price of $12.00.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.