As we reported reported earlier a new version of the Sn0wbreeze 2.4 b1 is released which includes a couple of fixes and new features. Here is a guide of unlocking the iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 using the Ultrasn0w 1.2 after jailbreaking.
Before we proceed any further please make sure you understand the following points:
- Sn0wbreeze 2.4 supports Ultrasn0w unlock for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00)
- ultrasn0w is NOT compatible with the following basebands (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04)
- iPhone 3GS users can upgrade to 06.15.00 baseband now under Unlocks section in Expert.
- Upgrading iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
- Sn0wbreeze 2.4 b1 is a tethered iOS 4.3.1 JB for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iPhone 3GS Users: Update iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00 Baseband for Unlock:
iPhone 3GS is required to be jailbroken with 06.15.00 baseband for Ultrasn0w 1.2 unlock . Follow the complete guide posted here to update your iPhone 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on iOS 4.2.1 before proceeding further.
Now we move to the actual process:
Step 1: First you need to be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1. Method to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 using the Sn0wbreeze 2.4 b41 is the same as we posted before. Use our earlier guide to get the iOS 4.3.1 JB on the device for the windows users(Sn0wbreeze).
For the Mac users follow these guides (PwnageTool):
Step 2: Now you are jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1 you need to unlock the phone using the Ultrasn0w.
- Load Cydia on your iPhone.
- Push the Manage tab at the bottom.
- Now push on the Sources.
Step 3: Now tap on the Edit and then tap on Add. Now you will get a prompt to enter a URL source (see the screenshot below). Type the http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tap on Add Source to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Step 4: Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps. When the installation is complete search for “ultrasn0w 1.2” in Cydia, and install it. It will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier without any further action.
Step 5: Finally restart you iPhone and you should now have a completely unlocked iPhone 4 or 3GS, running iOS 4.3.1!
Note: if your iPhone is jailbroken using PwnageTool (Mac), you need to first add http://djayb6.com repo in Cydia, and also install “Ultrasn0w Fixer for 4.3.1” before installation of Ultrasn0w.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.