HTC Thunderbolt is one of the newest and most well rounded mobile phones released by HTC. Features wise device supports a 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon (QSD8255) CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, 768 MB RAM and a 4.3 inch screen size along an impressive 8 megapixel camera. HTC Thunderbolt has received generally positive reviews. Only drawbacks pointed out by some experts are related to a single core CPU and a subpar battery life.
If you are using one of these nice Thunderbolts there is a great once click root method available courtesy of Captainkrtek – an XDA forum Moderator!
This is basically a batch file made specifically to root HTC Thunderbolt in Windows. There is a pretty simple guide to follow and also includes instruction and where to download the included files.
Please make note of the following Prerequisites for this one click root method to work:
- Installed drivers
- Android SDK Installed with working ADB
- Exploits.zip with contents extracted to your ADB dir
- Downgrade RUU
- A Thunderbolt running 605.6 or 605.9 Firmware
All the needed files can be downloaded here.
For downloading the One click root script and further discussion head to the XDA developers forum.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.