Earlier we have reported the release of the iOS 4.3.2 – and here comes a great news for iPod touch 4G owners as iOS 4.3.2 has been jailbroken already in a short time! However, every time you will start your iPod touch 4G you will need to reboot it into jailbreak mode using tethered boot utility (re-jailbreak it every time you restart your phone) because custom iOS 4.3.2 jailbreak is available in tethered mode only for now. You can jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 yourself using Pwnage Tool (version 4.3), Tethered Boot Utility and Universal Ramdisk Fixer.
Just use the following instructions:
- PwnageTool 4.3
- Access to stock iOS 4.3.2 firmware for iPod touch 4G
- iTunes 10.2.1
- PwnageTool bundle for iPod touch 4G
- Universal Ramdisk Fixer
- Tetheredboot utility
Note that this method to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 for iPod touch 4G is exactly similar to the one that we posted earlier for the iPhone 4 except some steps. So here we are only listing the steps that are different from that guide.
Step 1: Download PwnageTool bundle for iOS 4.3.2 for iPod touch 4G and extract the content into a folder.
Step 2: Because this guide is geared towards iPod touch 4G we will be using iPod touch 4G bundle file named “iPod4,1_4.3.2_8H7.bundle”. Copy this file to your desktop.
Step 5: Now you need to browse to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and paste the “iPod4,1_4.3.2_8H7.bundle” file at this location which we copied on the desktop in step 2.
Step 9: Launch PwnageTool in “expert mode” and select your device which in our case is iPod touch 4G.
Tethered Boot Guide:
So far jailbroken iOS4.3.2 device is available only in tethered mode and to boot in to that mode after rebooting you device follow the following steps.
- You will need tetheredboot.zip utility which you can download using following link and Unzip the content of the file in folder named tetheredboot.
- Copy tetheredboot folder in downloads folder.
- Change the extension of the custom iOS 4.3.2 FW from .jpsw to .zip, and extract the content into a folder.
- Find and copykernelcache.release.n81 and iBSS.n81ap.RELEASE.dfu files which will be located at /Firmware/dfu/.
- Paste kernelcache.release.n81 andiBSS.n81ap.RELEASE.dfu into tetheredboot (created after extracting the content of tetheredboot.zip).
- Now turn off your iPhone and run terminal on OS X and type following commands
After entering admin password, run following commands
Use your user name in place of inspiredgeek.
7. At this point you will notice some processing in the terminal window and you will be asked to Enter into DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode on your iPod touch 4G. To do so hold home and power buttons together for 10 seconds after which release power button while keep holding home button for another 10 seconds after which you will enter DFU mode.
8. After a while “Exiting libpois0n” message on Mac OS X terminal window will appear and your device will boot tethered jailbroken iOS 4.3.2!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.