Last version of the Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 is available for quite some time now. It allowed to unlock the iPhone 3GS/iPhone4 on the iOS 4.3.1. This version also fixed signal bar issues. But unfortunately after the release of the iOS 4.3.2 it is not possible to use it to unlock the iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4 after jailbreaking your iDevice on iOS 4.3.2. Now DjayB6 has pushed out a new version of the Ultrasn0w Fixer to force Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 unlock on iPhone 4 and 3GS (old basebands only) on the latest iOS 4.3.2 firmware.
It should be emphasized again that this is NOT a new unlock for the new basebands but it fixes the issues on already compatible basebands namely: 01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00.
Here is a guide of unlocking the iOS 4.3.2 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 using the Ultrasn0w Fixer For 4.3.2 after jailbreaking iOS 4.3.2 using PwnageTool 4.3 (on Mac).
Before we proceed any further please make sure you understand the following points:
- There is no unlock available for the new baseband on the iOS 4.3.2!
- Ultrasn0w Fixer supports unlock for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00).
- ultrasn0w Fixer is NOT compatible with the following basebands (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04 / 05.16.02).
- Upgrading iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
iPhone 3GS Users: Update iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00 Baseband for Unlock:
iPhone 3GS is required to be jailbroken with 06.15.00 baseband for Ultrasn0w 1.2.x unlock . Follow the complete guide posted here to update your iPhone 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on iOS 4.2.1 before proceeding further.
Now we move to the actual process:
Step 1: First you need to be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2. Follow our guides to to have a untethered jailbreak for the iOS 4.3.2 based on your iPhone 4/3GS:
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 in Windows & Preserve Baseband For iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad Using Sn0wbreeze 2.6 – [Guide]
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G and iPad Using Redsn0w 0.96 RC13 on Windows & Mac! [Guide]
Step 2: Now you are jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2 you need to unlock the phone using the Ultrasn0w Fixer For 4.3.2.
- Load Cydia on your iPhone.
- Push the Manage tab at the bottom.
- Now push on the Sources.
Step 3: Now tap on the Edit and then tap on Add. Now you will get a prompt to enter a URL source (see the screenshot below). Type the “http://djayb6.com” and tap on Add Source to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Step 4: Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps. When the installation is complete search for “ultrasn0w fixer for 4.3.2” in Cydia, and install it. It will automatically unlock your iPhone 3GS/ iPhone 4 so that you can use it with any carrier without any further action required.
Step 5: Finally restart you iPhone and you should now have a completely unlocked iPhone 4 or 3GS, running iOS 4.3.2!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.