After some waiting iPhone Dev team has finally released the latest Ultrasn0w 1.2.2. It was required because the current version of the Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 was broken on the latest iOS 4.3.2. It should be emphasized that this is NOT a new unlock for the new basebands but it fixes the issues on already compatible basebands namely: 01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00.
Here is the change log from the developer:
Note that there’s a corresponding update to ultrasn0w, which has been bumped up to v1.2.2 to get along with iOS 4.3.2 (the ultrasn0w update does not include any new baseband support!). Please reboot your iPhone using the normal “slide to power off” swipe after installing ultrasn0w 1.2.2.
Here is a guide of unlocking the iOS 4.3.2 on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 using the Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 after untethered jailbreaking iOS 4.3.2 using PwnageTool 4.3.2 (on Mac) or Sn0wbreeze 2.6 (on Windows).
Before we proceed any further please make sure you understand the following points:
- Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 supports unlock for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00).
- ultrasn0w is NOT compatible with the following basebands (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04).
- Upgrading iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
iPhone 3GS Users: Update iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00 Baseband for Unlock:
iPhone 3GS is required to be jailbroken with 06.15.00 baseband for Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 unlock . Follow the complete guide posted here to update your iPhone 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on iOS 4.2.2 before proceeding further.
Now we move to the actual process:
Step 2: Now you are jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2 you need to unlock the phone using the Ultrasn0w.
- Load Cydia on your iPhone.
- Push the Manage tab at the bottom.
- Now push on the Sources.
Step 3: Now tap on the Edit and then tap on Add. Now you will get a prompt to enter a URL source (see the screenshot below). Type the http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tap on Add Source to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Step 4: Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps. When the installation is complete search for “ultrasn0w 1.2.2” in Cydia, and install it. It will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier without any further action.
Step 5: Finally reboot your iPhone (using the normal “slide to power off” swipe), and you should now have a completely unlocked iPhone 4 or 3GS, running iOS 4.3.2!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.