Here is a very simple guide for the new/novice users to the Android/Nook rooting stuff on how to get in to the ClockworkMod recovery mode. I am assuming that you have this already installed via the Rom Manager, using Auto Nooter or some other way. This is one of the key operation that is required in almost all kinds of flashing ROMs/kernels, backup data and other similar tasks.
Basically you have two options, both of them are described below:
Get in to ClockworkMod Recovery Mode
You can use the Reboot into Recovery option of the ROM Manager application incase you have it already installed.
This option contains following steps:
- Turn off Nook Color (hold the power-button down for enough time that the device shuts off or shut it off from the shutdown menu, make sure it is not plugged into your computer otherwise it will turn itself back on!)
– Press and hold the power and "N" buttons for enough time that Nook Color turns on then after few seconds it will turn off again.
– Now press the power button for enough time to turn it back on.
– ClockworkMod Recovery will initiate!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.