Unlocker is a small Windows system utility that can be useful in some rare but annoying circumstances where a Windows user cannot delete a desired file (or folder), but instead gets some ambiguous error such as the one saying “cannot delete file/folder: It is being used by another person or program”.
There are similar other messages that a user might get such as:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
These kind of file/folder locking error can be extremely frustrating. Fortunately there are some useful Windows tools available that can unlock these files/folders from the associated windows processes that are responsible for the locking.
One of the easiest methods is to use is the Unlocker software. Operation is quite simple simply right-click the troublesome file/folder and select the Unlocker and you will be presented with a list of processes that are locking it. Just press Unlock All and you are done! There are also some other useful actions provided in the interface such as delete, rename and move etc.
Unlocker is available both in 32 bit and 64 bit flavors as well as a portable version is also available.You can download the free Unlocker tool form the official website.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.