We have already presented you the guides on how to do untethered jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on your iDevices including the Verizon iPhone 4 if you want to preserve the baseband both on Windows and Mac. Here are the guides:
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 & iOS 4.2.8 On Verizon iPhone 4 & Preserve Baseband For iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Using Sn0wbreeze 2.7 – [Windows Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered & Preserve Baseband on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Using PwnageTool 4.3.3 – [Mac Guide]
Now Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 is also available that can jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 untethered on all iDevices except iPad 2. Untethered jailbreaking is achieved by using the exploit provided by the Stefan Esser that we reported some time ago.
Warning: Rooting, Jailbreaking or customizing your device can be risky, and you may end-up bricking your device! Follow the instructions posted here at your own responsibility as InspiredGeek will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Note: Please stay away from this method if your phone is dependent on a carrier unlock! Instead use the iOS 4.3.3 jailbreaking instructions that we posted earlier today to preserve your baseband (guides are mentioned above for both Windows and Mac). Actually, this is method is useful only if you are NOT dependent on a carrier unlock for both Mac and Windows users.
Now follow these instructions:
Step 1: First download the iOS 4.3.3 FW for your specific iDevice.
Step 4: Execute RedSn0w application from there that was extracted earlier.
Step 5: Once RedSn0w appears click the Browse button. Then browse the iOS 4.3.3 stock FW that is downloaded in Step 1 and open it (as shown in the illustration below).
Step 6: Once the firmware has been verified click the Next button to continue.
Step 7: RedSn0w will now prepare the jailbreak data.
Step 8: From this window you can select the jailbreak options you would like.
- Make sure Cydia is selected.
- Notice that RedSn0w can Enable multitasking (iPhone 3G only, no display of this option on 3GS needed!). If you do not need multitasking we would recommend deselecting it as it makes your iPhone 3G run very slow.
Step 9: Now plug your iPhone into the computer and make sure its OFF then click the Next button.
Step 10: RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode. Hold down both the Home button and the Power button for 10 seconds. Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects the device.
Step 11: RedSn0w will then do it’s processing and you will be notified when RedSn0w it is done. Click the Finish button. When your iDevice finishes after rebooting it will be jailbroken with Cydia on the SpringBoard!
Enjoy! now you have a untethered jailbroken iDevice on iOS 4.3.3!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.