Today the wait is over for the iPhone users that were waiting for the release of a new version of the Sn0wbreeze so that they can JB the latest iOS 4.3.3 while preserving the baseband of their phone. Finally Sn0wbreeze 2.7 is released by ih8sn0w that allows to do a untethered jailbreak for all iOS 4.3.3 iDevices on Windows (except iPad 2)! Similarly Sn0wbreeze 2.7 can also jailbreak the Verizon iPhone 4 untethered! Untethered jailbreaking is achieved by using the exploit provided by the Stefan Esser that we reported earlier. As we reported before that surprisingly Apple has NOT patched the untethered exploit in the latest iOS 4.3.3!
Note: Rooting, Jailbreaking or customizing your device can be risky, and you may end-up bricking your device! Follow the instructions posted here at your own responsibility as InspiredGeek will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
- If you are on Mac then follow this guide: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered & Preserve Baseband on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Using PwnageTool 4.3.3 – [Mac Guide]
- If you don’t care about the unlocking in the future of your iDevice then follow this much simpler guide using Redsn0w: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G and iPad using Redsn0w [Tutorial Windows/Mac]
Please make note of the following before proceeding any further:
- iPhone 3GS users can upgrade to 06.15.00 baseband now under Unlocks section in Expert.
- Upgrading your iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
- This guide uses the iPhone 3GS as the example but the procedure is the same for all other iDevices.
- This version will NOT achieve untethered JB for the iPad 2!
- You need to follow the exact same method for the Verizon iPhone 4 except that in Step 2 download the iOS 4.2.8 firmware.
Following devices are supported in this version of the Sn0wbreeze:
Here is the guide on the usage of the Sn0wbreeze 2.5:
[Download Link: iTunes 10.2.2 Required if you don’t have latest iTunes version installed]
Step 1: Download the Sn0wbreeze 2.7 software.
Step 3: Connect your iOS device to the system.
Step 4: Now launch the Sn0wbreeze and you will see a splash screen. There will be a credits dialog that will appear, just close this. Now skip the current screen by pressing the blue arrow at the bottom.
Step 5: Now it will prompt you to select the stock iOS 4.3.3 FW that you have downloaded in the Step 2.
Now browse and select that as shown below:
In case you have iPhone 3GS it will ask to choose the appropriate option. If you are not sure then you can also use the detection mode (see screenshot below).
Now the stock iOS 4.3.3 FW that you provided will be verified.
Step 6: Next it will present you with a choice either to choose a Simple or an Expert mode. Choose the Expert mode here and continue. If you are relying on an unlock use the baseband preservation mode.
Step 8: On the screen that appears you have a choice of installing a number of tweaks such as animated bootlogos, openSSH installation, native backgrounding support, user wallpaper and battery percentage etc. After you are done press the blue arrow to continue. Don’t forget to check the activate iPhone option if you are relying on a carrier unlock for your iPhone!
Once the firmware is ready you will have a Done! message appearing on the screen as show below:
Step 10: Now firmware is ready but you need to put your device in DFU mode. Follow the on screen instructions to do so.
Step 12: Now in the iTunes hold down the Shift key and press the Restore button and iTunes will initiate the installation process for the custom iOS 4.3.3 FW that you have just cooked. It will take some time – wait for this.
Step 13: Now finally you are DONE! Enjoy untethered jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 (or iOS 4.2.8 on Verizon iPhone 4) on your iDevice!
For carrier unlocking your iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.3.3 after untethered jailbreak follow this guide:
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.