Desire HD is one of the most popular Android devices released by HTC, and one of the reasons is very generous specs on this phone including spacious 4.3 inches screen, a 1GHz Scorpion CPU and an 8 MP rear facing dual LED flash based camera. Thanks to the XDA forum member DOAlaboratories, this already powerful device can be pushed even further by overclocking up to 1.8 GHz! This puts the Desire HD really on a roll. Not only that, but it also sets the lower/minimum clock value to 122 MHz to save some battery power, in case you are not running any computationally intensive application.
So here is the procedure:
2) Download the kernel for your HTC Desire HD.
1) Copy the kernel ROM to the SD card.
2) Reboot in to recovery mode.
3) Wipe cache and Dalvick cache.
4) Now flash the ROM from the SD card and reboot the device.
If you are new to Android scene then you may also be interested in our detailed guide on rooting and flashing custom ROM’s on your Android device.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.