A few weeks back, we bought you the detailed full root method for the Samsung Galaxy S2. Then we brought you a guide on how to install the first ever custom ROM for your shiny new SGS2 in the form of VillainROM (v1.0)! Which was a pre-rooted ROM optimized for performance and with much greater scope for any upcoming tweaks.
Now we present the guide for installation for yet another recently released custom ROM called Lightening Rom XWKE7 for your Samsung Galaxy S2 (our beloved super phone you know). Here are the features of this custom Lightening Rom 1.0:
-Fast and stable SGS II Gingerbread 2.3.3 ROM
*Based on official XWKE7 Firmware
*Blue themed with battery percentage & CRT Screen-Off Animation
*Root + Busybox
Note that this custom ROM is already rooted so you don’t need to have a rooted device to install it! Here, we present a step-by-step guide on flashing this custom ROM.
Note: Rooting, Jailbreaking or customizing your device can be risky, and you may end-up bricking your device! Follow the instructions posted here at your own responsibility as InspiredGeek will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
- Download the ODIN file and then extract the .zip file.
- Download the Litening_Rom_v1-0.rar (273.94 MB) file an extract it.
- If you do not have Samsung’s KIES 2.0 installed, download and install it. Correct USB drivers must be installed, so that programs can communicate with the device. Reboot computer after KIES installation.
Step 1: Make sure that your device is in USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
Step 2: Reboot your device into download mode. To do so: Turn the device off, then power it on again by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Step 3: Start ODIN.
Step 4: Connect the device to your computer using USB.
Step 5: Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen will show that a device is now connected
– Make sure that in ODIN nothing is checked, except the "Auto reboot" and "F. Reset Time" checkboxes.
– Press the "PDA" button, and select the extracted md5 file.
– Press "Start". ODIN will now flash the kernel, and the device should reboot.
Step 6: Done! Now you have a fully rooted SG2 with Lightening Rom installed!
Stay tuned for more Samsung Galaxy SII related rooting and tweaking guides…
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.