A rush for the amazing new Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) custom ROMs with all kinds of new tweaks and hacks continues. Now a guy named AngeloM from Androidiani has come up with a heavily tweaked version of the XWKE7 ROM for SG2. This new mode from AngeloM contains a number of powerful features, probably one of the most important one is clockworkmod. Along other features this custom ROM is fully pre-rooted, deodexed, with the installation of the usual Busybox and set of other powerful tools such as Chainfire 3D, Launcher Pro and Tegrak Overclock to name a few.
Here is the list of features included in this ROM:
Changelog ver. 1.4
Video recording mode 1080p 30Mbit
Reintegration working Gtalk
Overclock 3D Chainfire Tegrak updated and latest version
ADW inclusion Launcher
Inclusion in order to use Winamp DSP Manager (with the stock music application will not work because it has its own equalizer)
Other optimizations and tricks
Changelog ver. 1.3
- New hack of the room (with improved audio and video, as well as the ability to take photos or shoot video in any condition of battery)
- Gtalk to make voice and video chat even without wifi
Changelog ver. 1.2
- kernel XWKE7 stock with CMW and Clockwork 22.214.171.124 (thanks to Chainfire, XDA) modded with speedfix.
- code optimizations
Changelog ver. 1.1:
- Kernel stock XWKE7
- DSP Manager
- battery circle framework with % and green google icons
- Launcher Pro
- Chainfire 3D
- Tegrak Overclock
- Quick Boot
- Home Switcher
This is in itself quite impressive, but it not ends here as an XDA forum member kawa636r took this custom ROM from AngeloM to begin with, and ripped-off all the Touchwiz and other Samsung bloat including the launcher to make the ROM much smaller in size and more of a lite version of the stock ROM. But most importantly since the Touchwiz has been removed from this version so it no longer continues to run in the background to drain your battery. So, you should be able to experience much better battery life and performance after installing this custom ROM!
Now let’s move to the installation of this ROM. Here is a how to guide to do so:
Note: Rooting, Jailbreaking or customizing your device can be risky, and you may end-up bricking your device! Follow the instructions posted here at your own responsibility as InspiredGeek will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Download anyone of the ROMs listed below:
- XWKE712.zip (XWKE7 version 1.2 Removes Touchwiz to improve battery life)
- XWKE714.zip (XWKE7 version 1.4 WITHOUT removal of Touchwiz from AngeloM)
Step 1: Wipe Cache by powering on you phone with volume UP, center button and power button, don’t release all until you see the command for wiping cache.
Step 2: After downloading the custom ROM you need to flash .tar file as pda with odin. Leave all settings default, only reboot and f.reset time. If this instructions are too short for you then follow out step-by-step guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy SII (S2) Using Odin and SuperOneClick. Procedure is exactly the same as mentioned in that guideline except you need to use the firmware that you download above as mentioned in THIS guide.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.