Hi Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) lovers out there you must be feeling overloaded with flurry of hacks that are popping out for our beloved Samsung super phone, today we have another great hack for you guys that will allow to boost the audio/video quality of the already great 8MP camera on your device! We know that SG2 camera that can take great stills and videos both at 720p and 1080p. But you know there is always margin for the improvements. now an XDA forum member Potatoman has come up with a really great hacked camera application that improves on the stock camera application included in the Samsung Galaxy S2 in a number of ways. First of all, it will allow to record audio in 192kbps/44.1Khz quality and increased video bitrate for 720p and 1080p video recording modes!
Here are the features according to the developer:
- Allows use of the camera & camcorder at any battery life
- Records Audio in 192kbps/44.1Khz quality (CD Quality) rather than stock (64kbps/16khz quality)
- Increased Video Bitrate in 1080 and 720p modes* (See 2nd post for info and download link for this version)
- Optional No Sounds versions (for Standard and Highbit versions!). All of the features, None of the noise! Yes, even the autofocus noise is gone!
- HyperX-’s SuperHighBit version now available (See 2nd post for info and download link for this version)
Here is the guide to install it:
Note: Rooting, Jailbreaking or customizing your device can be risky, and you may end-up bricking your device! Follow the instructions posted here at your own responsibility as InspiredGeek will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Step 1: First download the desired camera.apk file from four listed below:
Note: HighBit versions has the 1080 and 720p modes set to a variable cap of 26mbps and 18mbps respectively, up from 17 and 12 in the stock version!
- Download (Option 1): CameraModSGS2Signed.rar.
- Download with no sounds (Option 2): CameraSoundless.rar. Be sure to remove cam_start.ogg, cam_stopp.ogg, Camera_click.ogg, Camera_click_short.ogg, Shutter_01.ogg and videoRecord.ogg from /system/media/audio/ui as well!)
- Download HighBit Version (Option 3): http://www.multiupload.com/ZQCUYPLVHL
- Soundless HighBit Version (Option 4): http://www.multiupload.com/ESJFK7F3DZ
Step 2: Root your device. I you haven’t done already then please follow this guide:
Step 3: Install a file manager which lets you browse root.
Step 4: Now browse to /system/app, and rename your Camera.apk to Camera.apk.bak (for use as a backup)
Step 5: Unrar the APK file that you downloaded and selected to install. Password of the rar file is “potatoman@xda”.
Step 6: Copy it to /system/app.
Step 7: Rename it Camera.apk.
Step 8) Run it and "install" the apk file. Enjoy!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.