Mosaic III Diet is a new custom ROM for the Samsung captivate users. It is based on the Android 2.3.3 but includes a number of enhancements aimed to improve the device performance and user experience. It also comes pre-packed with a number of very useful Android apps. For example, it promises to bring the improved performance for games and video playback. Also removes some built-in Samsung bloat.
Here is the complete list of all features of Mosaic III Diet:
- 5 lockscreens with wall paper chooser CRT off animation
- Extended menu
- Rotating dialer
- App widget picker
- Sip Wifi Calling enabled
- Added RAM boost for apps
- Home Hap-tic Feed back
- Improved Video playback and game performance
- Enabled Jit compiler
- Overscroll color to match theme
- Increased Dalvik Heap size
- Added Adobe Flash Player
- Removed Video Dial Ref from Settings, contacts, and Dialer
- Removed some Samsung Apps
These are the included apps:
- Titanium Backup
- Themed MIUI music app
Download Mosaic III Diet
Warning: If your file system is on ext4 (i.e. Using Talons Kernel and have lagfix enabled) you will have to remove the EXT4 with the app before flashing this ROM.
Do not use Android ID changer, It is not compatible with 2.3.3 yet
- Make sure you have disabled any lagfix.
- If you are not sure on how to do that or are not able to, please flash back to stock GB 2.3.3 (No Bootloaders).
- Make sure you are on xcal’s kernel.
Note: Rooting, Jailbreaking or customizing your device can be risky, and you may end-up bricking your device! Follow the instructions posted here at your own responsibility as InspiredGeek will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Here is a brief guide for the installation of the Mosaic III Diet ROM (as provided by the developer).
- Download the ROM
- Put it on SD card
- Boot your phone to recovery
- Do a factory reset
- Do a cache wipe
- Do a Dalvik-cache wipe
- Now install a zip from SD card
- Select the ROM zip and flash it
- Reboot and enjoy
Note that if these instructions are too brief for you then please have a look at the guide that we posted earlier on How to Flash A Custom ROM On Any Android Phone Safely: A Complete Step-by-Step Tutorial.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.