If your Samsung Galaxy S device is locked to your original carrier, but you want to use it with a SIM from another carrier, then you have a number of options to unlock it. But one of the simplest methods to unlock comes from an XDA developer forum member named helroz that allows to unlock the Samsung Galaxy S for free without requiring anything like an unlock code. Originally it worked for the devices on the Android 2.1, but now it seems to work with the Android 2.2 as well. It should also work with other variants of the device i.e. Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.
Usage of this hack is very simple as developer has packaged and compiled it in to an APK file that can be installed on the device. After that just follow on the in application steps to unlock the device. You can get the APK file for the unlock from here (you need to extract the zip file).
Not work on Docomo, Docomo have nv_data rev 0.400, International Galaxy S have rev 0.800 and rev 1.500
- Please note that for this app to work you need to be rooted with BusyBox installed and have an active internet connection. If you are not rooted follow our guide: How to Root Almost any Android Phone With a Single Click Including Motorola Atrix 4G & Samsung Galaxy S!
- In case if you don’t know how to install the downloaded APK application follow our simple guide: Two Dead Simple Methods to Install APK Files on Your Android Device [How to Guide].
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.