Chainfire3D is an Open GL driver that is available from Android Market and can be used to play Tegra Zone games on otherwise unsupported Android devices! Chainfire3D requires the use of additional plugins to achieve it’s magic. Chainfire3D is best described by it’s author as follows: “Chainfire3D is an intermediary OpenGL driver. What does that mean? It means that Chainfire3D sits between your apps and the graphics drivers, and can intercept and/or change commands between the two. It has some built-in functions, and can be further extended with plugins to provide extra functionality.”
- CF3D OpenGL driver
- NightMode (inspired by Jeff Sharkey, more info here)
— Handy shortcut to toggle on/off
— Supports red, green, blue, amber and salmon modes
- Global OpenGL manipulation
— Reduce texture size
— Reduce texture quality
— Unroll textures
— Load plugins
— (Pro) Disable Chainfire3D detection
- (Pro) OpenGL manipulation on a per-app bases
- (Pro) Fix market settings
Now the important part here is the “can be further extended with plugins to provide extra functionality”. After it’s release people have come up with the plugins that allows to emulate specific hardware and hence play the Tegra Zone games on otherwise unsupported hardware. For example, the method that we are going to describe has been confirmed to work on Samsung Galaxy S2, original Samsung Galaxy S and many other Android devices. According to a thread at the XDA forum here it seems that it should also work for our beloved Nook Color tablet! Please note that your device must be rooted first for this method to work! You can have a look at the Rooting section on our website to find the relevant guide for your device.
So lets get started:
- Install the Chainfire3D from Android Market.
- Download this rar archive file.
- Extract the archive and copy the ibGLEMU_NVIDIA.zip to the root of your device SDcard.
- Now launch the Chainfire3D application and select CF3D driver > Install. After the installation your device will reboot.
- After coming back to the OS re-launch the application and select Install Plugin. Now the app will scan your SDcard for the plugins. After scanning select the libGLEMU_NVIDIA.
- Now select Default OpenGL settings > Use plugin > NVIDIA to add support for Tegra Zone games on your unsupported device.
- Finally select the “Fix Market settings” option from the main menu, it will allow you to download the Tegra Zone games on your unsupported device to play.
- Now install your favorite Tegra Zone game and have fun!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.