Today, we have learned a very nice trick coming out from a reader of the Gizmodo who wanted to try out the shiny new beta of iOS 5, but didn’t have the money to register to the Apple Dev account to try out the iOS 5 beta. In essence, this trick allows you bypass the activation procedure of the iOS 5 after installation. In case, you don’t know normally to try out these betas you need to first register with Apple for a Dev account for $99 per year subscription before downloading and activating the iOS 5 on your iPhone. Here we are sharing this trick with you guys!
First of all you will need to get the IPSW file (firmware) for your specific iPhone, you can search it on Google, find and download it. You know how to torrent it right? Please don’t ask for the download links. After the download just launch the iTunes and Shift+Click the “Check for Update” button to update the firmware and now browse to the newly downloaded firmware and install it. After the device reboots, you will be brought to the new activation screen. From then on just follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
4. The Notification Center will appear!
5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.
Now you phone is now activated with a fully functional iOS 5.
Warning: Please note that while trick in itself is pretty cool and tested, if something goes wrong you will end up with a bricked device (un activated iOS 5) until this fall when the final versions of the iOS 5 is released. Please use caution! Inspired Geek will NOT be responsible for any damage caused by this.
BTW this comes courtesy of young Turkish developer Mert Erdir. This what he had to say about this amazing trick:
My will is not to do something harmful to anyone, I just wanted to get the attention of Apple, the company I’m in love with; and maybe one day have a chance to talk to/meet Steve Jobs himself. You can reach me on Twitter for further questions.
I found this because I don’t have much cash to get an IOS Developer account, so donations for a young developer will be appreciated. They can be made on my blog (not in english). You’ll see the PayPal donate button on the right. Thanks!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.