With the release of the Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII), we bought you the detailed full root method for the Samsung Galaxy S2. Afterwards, we brought you a guide to flash the first ever custom ROM for your shiny new SGS2 called VillainROM (v1.0)! In addition, you can of course find many other tweaks and custom ROM installation methods for your(and our) beloved Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) in relevant section on Inspired Geek.
Here, we present a step-by-step guide on flashing Madmack’s 1.4 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII). One of the key features of this ROM is the support for Arabic language!
Here are some features of this ROM as provided by the developer:
2. Rooted (you’ll need to install busybox from market though for Titanium Backup to work)
3. Full support for shaping in arabic texts both in Browser and out of it. This uses my latest patches with my latest webcore compilation fixes. (Browser might still have some problems after further testing)
Note: Rooting, Jailbreaking or customizing your device can be risky, and you may end-up bricking your device! Follow the instructions posted here at your own responsibility as InspiredGeek will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
- Download the ODIN file and then extract the .zip file.
- Download the KE7-madmack-1.4-EXTRACTME.zip file and extract to expose the .tar file.
- If you do not have Samsung’s KIES 2.0 installed, download and install it. Correct USB drivers must be installed, so that programs can communicate with the device. Reboot computer after KIES installation.
Procedure to flash this ROM is exactly the same as: How to Flash VillainROM 1.0 Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) [Guide]. So, follow that guide to flash the Madmack’s 1.4 Custom ROM. ONLY difference of course is that you need to flash the ROM file that you download here (KE7-madmack-1.4-EXTRACTME.zip) NOT the one that is provided there.
A note from the developer:
factory reset if your browser still crashes. Otherwise you can skip this and your data will not be erased.
Head over to the official thread at the XDA forums to find the future updates and other discussions on the topic.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.