ClockworkMod or CWM as they call it allows you to flash custom ROMs. backup or perform other advanced maintenance operations on your Android device. codeworkx from the XDA forums has created a CWM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 (II) that will be used to power the upcoming CyanogenMod 7 (CM7) that we have already talked about a few days back.
If you want you can install it right away as ClockworkMod 220.127.116.11 is available right now for download provided by the developer. First download it from here, and then follow the instructions as provided by the developer himself. You also need to download the Odin. Get it here.
Instructions (Provided by developer)
- Power your device off
- Boot into Download-Mode using Volume Down + Home + Power
- Hit Volume Up to accept the warning
- Start Odin
- Choose "GT-I9100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA (no repartition)
- Connect your Phone
- Start flashing
- After reboot you can easily root your device using SuperOneClick
How to Use
- Volume Up + Home + Power brings your Phone into Recovery Mode.
- Use Volume Keys to navigate and Power Button to select.
Instructions are pretty self explanatory. However, if you have some confusion about the use of Odin then refer to our earlier guide on rooting the Samsung Galaxy S2 (II) to get the idea. In fact this guide provided by the developer is similar to the one that we brought you before to root SGS2, except that you MUST USE the tar file that you download above instead of the one provided in our earlier guide. You can follow the thread for further discussions and updates.
[Credit goes to codeworkx ]
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.