We have many file managers available for the Android OS. Many are available for free and work decently for the most part. And then there are much more feature rich file managers with advanced features such as the Root Explorer that is not for free. However, it supports many advanced features in particular if you have rooted your Android device. Many of these features are not available in the free file mangers that are available in the Android Market. At least not integrated in a single tool. But that was the situation only until I didn’t discover the File Expert! A surprisingly feature rich file manager with great support for the rooted Android phones as well, and best of all available for free!
Of course, it supports all the usual file operation, but allows access to system folders if you have a rooted phone. Another nice feature is the SMB client support that allows to access you host PC. Includes a powerful app manger that allows to uninstall backup apps. Applications can even be uninstalled silently to make the process of uninstalling many apps much smoother (requires root access). It has zip and rar support, and includes both the text and image viewer.
A more complete list if features as mentioned by the developer is as follows:
* Powerful & Leading File Manager for Android – We have thousands of new users each day!
* All basic file operations – Copy, Paste, Move, Create and Rename your files and folders
* FTP/HTTP Server – Share & Manage your files without a USB cable, just like with Web Sharing or WIFI File Explorer, but we do even more because we can provide both Web & FTP transferring support. We support HTTP authentication and FTP account login.
* Root access to system folders and files like Root Explorer. Remount those locations to read write. Requires rooted phone to function. This feature is in BETA testing. Use it on your own risk.
* SMB Client – Access your host computer from your phone, using your phone to manage your PC via WIFI with SMB
* App Manager – Uninstall/Backup apps. We know that many apps on the market can do this, but none can do this work silently. We’re the ONLY app that can install and uninstall apps silently, which makes your batch process faster and cooler. Silent capabilities require a rooted phone to function.
* Archive manager – Create and decompress ZIP archive, Decompress RAR archive. You can view your ZIP/RAR file just like accessing a folder and directly decompress unique files and folders from those archive
* Thumbnails – supports jpg/png/mp3/mp4/3gp thumbnails
* Text Viewer – supports very large TXT files. This feature is still under development, we will continue to improve its functions
* Image Viewer – supports both local and remote folder, we will support gesture detection and multi-touch zooming in the future release
* Search SD card
You can get the File Expert for free for your Android device from the Android Market.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.