Earlier in the day we reported the release of the iOS 5 beta 2 from Apple. This is available for the download right now and meant mainly for the developers. One of the features that have been turned-on this beta is the ability to wirelessly sync over wireless for any of your iDevice with the iTunes. In Apple’s words it allows to “cut the cord” to your PC.
Its easy to enable but just in case here is the step-by-step procedure to do so:
- iOS 5 beta 2 must be already installed on your iDevice.
- You must also have iTunes 10.5 beta installed on your computer.
Step 1: Connect your device via USB cable to the PC and launch the iTunes.
Step 2: In iTunes in summary tab, enable/checkmark “Sync over Wi-Fi connection”.
Step 3: Now sync your device as you normally do via the USB.
Step 4: Disconnect the iDevice from computer (USB connection) and you will notice that your device is still recognized by iTunes!
Step 5: Now you can Drag&Drop files in Tunes to your iDevice, and you will notice the Wi-fi sync working magically!
Step 6: Now Whenever you want to do a wireless sync with iTunes, go to Settings –> General -> iTunes Sync in iOS, and then just tap “Sync Now”.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.