If you remember some days ago we reported about a mobile Facebook widget accessible right from with in the iOS 5 Notification Centre called WeeFacebook. It was developed by the Manuel Gebele. Now the developer has tipped us that WeeFacebook 2.0 is available for download as a deb file. Since its an open source widget you can also access its source code from here. As explained by the author of the widget, new version includes a much better user experience. In particular, WeeFacebook 2.0 allows you to dynamically expand and shrink the widget so it does not fill the complete screen of the Notification Center as it did in the earlier version. You can get the deb file for the new WeeFacebook 2.0 from here.
Instructions as actually the same as provided before by the developer but they are repeated here again for connivance:
1. Copy the .deb file to /var/mobile on your iPhone (on OS X you could use Cyberduck (ssh))
2. ssh root@$YOUR_IP
3. cd /var/mobile
4. dpkg -i com.manuelgebele.weefacebook_1.0.1-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
WeeFacebook should now appear in the Notification Center.
Instructions are pretty straight forward for the experienced users, but if you are a new user and not comfortable with the SSH stuff, I will recommend to have a look at the following article on how to install the deb file easily in few click to your iDevice!
Please note that you must have jailbroken iDevice on new iOS 5 beta for this tweak to work! Follow any of the following guides to do so:
[Thanks Manuel Gebele!]
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.