We already presented the guides on how to get the S-OFF on the HTC Sensation as well as the installation of the ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 4. Now the real fun begins as we will tell you the procedure of the permanent root of the HTC Sensation 4G! Actually the process of permanent root of the HTC Sensation device is quite simple since it only involves flashing of a file through the ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 4 menu. Anyway, the detailed procedure is listed below:
1. First download the su-220.127.116.11-ef-signed.zip file from here.
2. Now copy this file to the memory card root folder.
3. Start the clockworkmod recovery menu.
5. Now navigate to "Backup & Restore" by pressing Volume Down button and then press select (power button to select) then select "Backup" (its preferred to make a backup)
6. Now select "install zip from sdcard".
7. Press on "Choose zip from sdcard"
8. Select the "su-18.104.22.168-efgh-signed.zip" file that we want to flash.
9. Finally select "Yes – install su-22.214.171.124-efgh-signed.zip" for the confirmation.
10. After flashing just reboot the device and you should be rooted!
HTC Sensation is one of the most powerful mobile device released by HTC this year and considered by many as one of the best Android based device to get right along the Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII). You might be interested in detailed head to head comparison of the key features and strengths of the HTC Sensation and Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) that we did some time ago.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.