Yesterday, we told you on how to get the S-OFF on the HTC Sensation that basically allows you to get the unlocked bootloader on the HTC flagship device. You might also be interested in detailed head to head comparison of the key features and strengths of the HTC Sensation and Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) that we did some time ago. But today we are going to tell you about the installation of the ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 4 on this device. CWM recovery will provide with a number of benefits including the installation/flashing of custom ROMS through the recovery menu, or installation of other zip program files designed for flashing through the CWM Recovery menu. Its also possible to backup the current state of the Android OS installed with all the setting intact. There are also many other features included with the ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 4.
Here are the instructions for the installation of the ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 4 on the HTC Sensation 4G:
An HTC Sensation device with the S-OFF. If you want to achieve S-OFF on your device have a look at this article.
2) Now copy the included file PG58IMG in the Root folder of your SD card.
3) Now Turn off your device, and reboot into the Bootloader/HBOOT screen.
4) Now you need to Press Volume up button to Accept when it prompts "Do you want to start the update".
5) Now press on Power Off to Reboot in to android after the installation.
6) Finally just delete PG58IMG from SD card.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.