As we have seen from past couple of releases Mozilla rapid release cycle for pushing out new browser versions of its popular Firefox web browser is in full swing. This trend continues as now Mozilla has just pushed the Firefox 7 out of the window. But if its worth to download and install the new Firefox 7 you might ask! Well, according to the Mozilla release notes there are indeed some major improvements in this version as compared to the Firefox 6. This is in contrast to the previous releases namely Firefox 5 and 6 which were only incremental improvements as compared to the last major version Firefox 4 that was itself a big improvement over the Firefox 3.5.
According to the release notes one of the big changes is the big improvement in the memory consumption department where in some cases browser can use up to 50% less memory as compared to the last version! On the webpage rendering front, Canvas operations has been significantly improved on Windows and many other small features including bug fixes and stability fixes. See the full change log below:
- Drastically improved memory handling for certain use cases
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
- The ‘http://’ URL prefix is now hidden by default
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Added support for the Web Timing specification
- Enhanced support for MathML
- The WebSocket protocol has been updated from version 7 to version 8
- Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Download mirrors are available on the following link for the Firefox 7.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.