If you have rooted your Nook Color then there are a number of useful launchers available in the Google Android Market. Some of them including the Zeam and Launcher Pro. Home Switcher and Home Switcher Froyo are nice apps available that easily allow to switch back and forth between the launchers at the execution or permanently to the nook Color’s stock launcher. This is the easiest way to replace the default NookColor launcher.
Here are some features of the Home Switcher:
- find all Home apps installed in your phone
- set/change your default Home app
- launch each Home app
There is another slightly more complicated way using the ADB if you are rooted.
First download the apk file of your favorite launcher and then run the following command:
$ ./adb install <path to .apk.zip file for launcher>
Now if you Press nook’s home button a dialog should pop up asking on which launcher to use. Its possible to specify to always use a particular launcher.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.