Many of you who are familiar with the Android OS and follow the open source development cycle of the mobile OS releases will know that Cyanogenmod is one of the most popular Android distributions around and its based on the Google AOSP. Its lighter on resources, faster, and includes a lot of tweaks that are not present in the stock Android OS available on the respective devices. Best of all Cyanogenmod distribution is available for a large set of mobile devices. Earlier we reported about the active development on the Cyanogenmod 7.1 (CM 7.1) and now at last the final build of the Cyanogenmod 7.1 is available that is bigger and better in almost every respect.
Latest Cyanogenmod 7.1 is based on the Android 2.3.7 that may very well be the last iteration of the Android Gingerbread before the Google moves on the “exciting stuff” – Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich. Even the Cyanogenmod team is stating that most probably this is last release of the Cyanogenmod 7 series before the team draws its attention to the Cyanogenmod 9. This version includes support for even more devices in particular for the Sony Ericson devices. There are also some other notable new features such as Bluetooth mouse support, screenshot via power menu, tethering via Bluetooth and many other fixes and performance enhancements. And of course Cyanogenmod 7.1 can also be flashed on our beloved Samsung Galaxy S2 (SII) and many other popular devices such as Galaxy S and HTC Sensation.
Here is a changelog of the key changes in the Cyanogenmod 7.1:
- Common: Android 2.3.7 (Google)
- Common: Bluetooth mouse support – Scott Brady
- Common: Improve notification swipe-to-clear – Evan Charlton
- Common: Improve album-artist support in media scanner – Paul Crovella
- Common: Profile improvements and bugfixes – Martin Long, Danny Baumann, Robert Burns
- Common: RTL text improvements – Eyad Aboulouz, Eran Mizrahi
- Common: Wake on volume key option – Sven Dawitz
- Common: Support for revoking application permissions – Plamen K. Kosseff
- Common: Latest Superuser app – ChainsDD
- Common: Control brightness by sliding on statusbar – Danesh M
- Common: Add “copy all” to context menu – Danesh M
Complete changelog can be found here.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.