One of the small but highly useful new features in the iOS 5 is the ability to launch the camera app directly from the lock screen without unlocking the phone, and then launching the app from the springboard. This really help to cut some time when you are in a hurry to catch a spontaneous photo as few seconds can make a difference that will decide that if you will be able to capture that moment or not. However, some new iOS 5 users might not know that you have to enable this feature for the Camera icon to appear on the iOS 5 lock-screen on your device.
Actually its very simple all you have to do is to double-tap the Home button when you are on the lockscreen on your device and a camera icon will magically appear right beside the unlock scroller as you can see in the picture above. In the past, we covered a number of ways using Cydia apps that can be used to get this feature on the iOS 4.x based devices including the SuperSlider jailbreak/Cydia tweak. Also we covered a similar tweak that allowed to launch the flashlight on the iPhone 4 from the lock-screen. This last feature is still not officially supported in iOS 5. Here are these articles:
- Launch Any Application Directly From Lock Screen on Your iPhone Using SuperSlider [Jailbreak Tweak]
- Activate iPhone 4 LED Flash From a Lock screen Button [Jailbreak Tweak]
- How To Take Photos on Your iPhone Using Volume Buttons & Mute The Shutter Sounds ? [Cydia Tweak]
You might want to have a look at the Cydia tweaks section on our website to get the full scoop!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.