SBSettings is one of the most used and very well known Cydia app that we know of. It is one of the first Cydia tweak that I used to install on my iPhone 3GS after jailbreaking it. Reason is very simple because it allowed a quick access to most commonly used settings, apps toggles directly from a pull-down GUI window (3G, SSH, Airplane mode, Bluetooth etc.) that you could access using a simple swipe-down gesture (or any other as gestures could be customized). But many avid users got disappointed as SBSettings had issues after Apple released the new iOS 5. In fact, this was trend set by this app that we are now witnessing many application similar in concept for the iOS 5 Notification Center such as UISettings.
Now the good news is that a new beta version of the SBSettings is under active development for the new iOS 5! One of the exciting features from this version had to be the integration of the SBSettings with the Notification Center. You can still use the old style pull down menu or the new Notification Center widget or both if you like. Also the set of toggles that you want to appear in the pull-down menu or Notification Center can be customized separately. Now you can choose what will show up in notification section. More button row, no more button row, the extra text, no extra text, the dock, the toggles, no toggles at all, or any combination of that.
Here are the release notes for the beta version of the SBSettings :
- Notification center integration
- Your choice of using the old style window or the notification center. Or both.
- You choose which toggles to appear in notification and window sections.
- Current settings toggles should be supported. Current themes should work in notification area as well.
- You get to choose what will show up in notification section. More button row, no more button row, the extra text, no extra text, the dock, the toggles, no toggles at all, or any combination of. The notification area is a limited screen resources so it’s up to you to decide how you want it used.
And now some screenshots…
Please note that a jailbreak is required. If your device is not jailbroken on latest iOS 5 then please follow any one of these guides to preserve the baseband while doing so for both Windows and Mac:
I would personally prefer the first guide based on the recently released Redsn0w version to create a custom firmware.
If you want to install and test new beta version of the SBSettings just add http://thebigboss.org/ios5beta to your repository list and then install it. Please note that this is unstable version and there may be some bugs and stability problems for this reason for now this only for testing purposes. Finally, don’t forget to take a look at the great article: Ultimate Compilation of Best iOS 5 Notification Centre Widgets [Cydia Tweaks]!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.