A few weeks back Google unveiled the new Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) – a successor to the currently used Android 2.3 Gingerbread with a major set of new features such as the all new Face unlock feature, new refined lock screen, cosmetic and functionality enhancement in the Email, Gmail, Calendar and other system apps, Software Buttons, Widget Enhancements, Swipe Gestures, Data Usage Monitor, Improved Camera App built-in Photo Editing, People Application, Enhanced Dialer and NFC Data Sharing. There are also many other performance and interface enhancements that have not been mentioned in the official announcement on the Google and Samsung event.
But one of the most useful feature but subtle one is the Roboto font designed specifically for the ICS. It looks very clean and easy on the eyes. But if you don’t want to wait for the official ICS update for your device from the manufacturer then you can still get this feature right now using a simple guide as described below:
1) First download the Font Changer app from the Android Market and install it. (Note that it requires the device to be rooted). If you are on the Samsung Galaxy S2 then follow this step-by-step guide to root your device before following the remaining steps.
2) Now download this zip file which contains all the font files and unzip it using WinZip or any other archiving utility.
3) Now copy all the .ttf font files from the unzipped folder in to the folder .fontchanger on your SDCard. You can use a file manager such as Root Explorer or File Expert to do so.
4) Now just launch the Font Changer app on your device and select the newly installed font.
5) Reboot the device and enjoy the new Roboto font on your Android device!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.