As of now almost all Android users are waiting anxiously for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update from their device manufacturer for their specific device. Only the proud owners of the shiny new Galaxy Nexus will be able to get it loaded by default on the device. If you can live with some bugs and instability then there are some pre-release versions of the ICS available for many popular devices such as Samsung Galaxy SII/S, some HTC devices among others as we have detailed in the past. However even the unofficial community driven firmwares such as CM and MIUI will take some time to get stable. In the mean time, how about the prospects of enjoying Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Windows PC! Sounds tasty right? Ok this what you can do with a Android 4.0 emulator installation on your PC.
Of course, as you might expect experience is no where as smooth as native installation on an Android device but it does enable you to get a look&feel of what real ICS will look like when running on say your dual-core powered Samsung Galaxy SII (S2). If you are feeling tempted to get the ICS experience and can’t wait for a stable release for your device then Pocket Now has posted a very simple guide to setup the Android 4.0 on a Windows PC. Here are all the key steps that need to be followed:
1. Download the SDK
2. Extract the Zip to a folder on your desktop
3. Click SDK Manager.exe
4. Put a check in the box for Android 4.0, click Install Packages on bottom right
5. Go back into the Android folder on your desktop, open AVD Manager.exe
6. Click New
7. Give it a name, change the target to Android 4.0
8. Click Create AVD
9. Hit Start, wait five minutes
In the mean time, have a look at our recent articles: Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) Review of Best New Features and as well as: Some Impressive Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) Features That You Don’t Know! to get hang of what the recent ICS craze is all about!
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.