Some time has passed since Apple pushed the final version of the iOS 5.0.1 out of the door, which included a number of important fixes for the iDevice users. Firstly, it fixed the well-known battery draining issues that many iPhone 3GS/4 and iPhone 4S users are experiencing with their devices upgraded to the latest iOS 5. At least this is what Apple claims! Secondly, original iPad 1 users got lucky because Apple has enabled the multi-touch gestures for them in iOS 5.0.1. This features was disabled in the iOS 5.0 for the iPad 1 users but was only available to the iPad 2 users. It’s also mentioned that it fixes the bugs for the documents in the cloud. Finally, it improves the voice recognition for the Australian users.
As we mentioned yesterday, that long awaited untethered jailbreak solution for iDevice users on the iOS 5.0.1 has been finally released by iPhone Dev-Team in the form of Redsn0w update. Although, for now untethered jailbreak solution only works for non Apple A5 devices. More specifically dual-core A5 SoC based devices iPad 2 and iPhone 4S are excluded for now. We already brought you the detailed guides on how to untethered jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch and iPad. In particular, new version of the Redsn0w supports custom firmware creation using baseband preservation mode for users on both Mac and Windows. It means no need to use Sn0wbreeze or P0wnage Tool for this purpose. This baseband preservation mode is useful incase you want to unlock your iPhone in the future using a tool like Ultrasn0w.
In any case, if you don’t’ to go in to hassle of creating the custom untethered jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 firmware for your iPhone 4/3GS or if you came across some problems then we have the solution. Here, we present the direct download links for the custom firmware IPSW files for iPhone 4/3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 3G/4G that are already untethered jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1! All you need to do is to restore them using the iTunes on your iDevice. In case of iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS you can find both normal and Hacktivated versions of the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW files. Hacktivated versions are useful to preserve the baseband in case you want to unlock your device later using Ultrasn0w.
So here are the download links:
- Download iPhone 3GS
- Download iPhone 3GS (Hacktivated)
- Download iPhone 4 (GSM)
- Download iPhone 4 (GSM) (Hacktivated)
- Download iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- Download iPod touch 3G
- Download iPod touch 4G
- Download iPad
How to Use Untethered Jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 IPSW Files
- Launch the application and click on “Extras”
- Now click on “Pwned DFU” and follow the on-screen instructions so limera1n exploit is applied.
- After your device enters the Pwned DFU mode now launch the iTunes and navigate to the iPhone tab and press SHIFT (Option on Mac) and then with the SHIFT (Option on Mac) pressed click on the on the “Restore” button. Now a new dialog will popup from this navigate to the place where the custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware that we created in the previous step is stored and then Select it. Be careful you need to select the custom iOS 5 firmware that was cooked using the Redsn0w and starts with “NO_BB”!
– After selecting the new custom firmware iTunes will begin installing/restoring the iOS 5.0.1 but with the critical feature that the old baseband will be preserved.
– Congrats! You have jailbroken your iPhone 4, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 while preserving the baseband of the device.
Now to unlock your iPhone after jailbreak using the following guide:
If you want to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on your iDevice but NOT concerned about preserving the baseband of your iDevice then please follow our guide:
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 4/3GS, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPad1, iPod Touch Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 [Windows/Mac Guide]
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.